Skip to main content

3 Easy Ways to Make $ Without Trying

If you aren't using Ebates or Ibotta (ideally both), you are leaving money on the proverbial table.

Listen, I am not here to sell you products, but I AM here to help you save money to put towards your debts. And I am alllllllllllllllllllllll about making money by making little to no effort. Seriously. If you can tie your shoes or walk your dog, you can use these apps. We are not talking big bucks (Ebates can get up there though depending on how much you buy and what the cash back match is) but every little bit helps in the debt elimination process. You are kidding yourself if you are thinking '$7 on an app is not worth my time.' It sure is!!!!!!!!!!!

You may be thinking, EBATES? That is still around? It SURE is, and it's as good if not better then ever.

How to use Ebates: https://www.ebates.com/welcome.htm

A few of their current cash back deals that are AMAZING:

  1. Sephora- 8% cash back. Makeup is expensive, but this makes it better!
  2. Shoes.com- 12% cash back. Whaaaaat.
  3. Snapfish Pictures- 10% cash back. Photo gifts for everyone! I like to give people pictures of my dog....
  4. The Body shop- 8% cash back. Get all your fav smelly goods for less!

Fun fact: To date I have made over $400 on ebates. WHAT!
----

Ibotta is a similar cash back type platform, but has some nuances.

How to use Ibotta: https://ibotta.com/how
  1. Send Receipt
  2. Find Offers
    • Before you shop, add offers on great products by completing simple tasks.
  3. Go Shopping
    • Buy the products you selected at any  Don't forget your receipt!
  4. Redeem
    • Redeem your offers by taking a photo of your receipt. We'll match the items you bought to the offers you selected and give you the cash!
  5. Get Cash
    • Your cash back will be deposited into your Ibotta account within 48 hours.
And if you want to sign up with my code (full transparency, when a referral uses this grocery cash back app, you will get $10 and I will get $5!)

Link: https://ibotta.com/r/dqlvvhf
Code: dqlvvhf


----

And one bonus platform that I am personally still trying out- Fetch Rewards. Same idea as IBOTTA but I haven't gotten any cash back through it (yet). I will update you in a few months and let you know if it is actually worth your while.

How to use Fetch Rewards:

Fetch Rewards works for ANY grocery receipt. Take a picture of your receipt each time you purchase groceries and you'll earn points for every item you purchase from the 250+ popular brands in the app. Accumulate points and redeem them for free rewards to hundreds of popular retailers.

  1. Scan Receipt
    • Scan your grocery receipt from any store. You can use receipts from grocery stores, conveinence stores, drugstores, liquor stores and more.
  2. Earn Points
    • Every time you purchase a product from one of our participating brands, you'll earn points. Don't worry about clipping special deals to save, we reward you for your everyday shopping.
  3. Get Rewards
    • As your points accumulate you can redeem them for FREE gift cards to hundreds of popular retailers!
And if you want to sign up with my code (full transparency, when a referral uses this code, you get $2.00 in points and so do I).


Use my referral code, NX5FW, during signup and you'll get 2,000 Fetch Points ($2.00 in points!) just for starting.


Download Fetch Rewards free here: https://bit.ly/2zwOdBK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rock Bottom

Rock Bottom Last night I realized that I had hit rock bottom financially. I knew the bottom was looming over me (below me?) the past few months after totaling my debts and trying to make a plan to get out of debt. But it was my Mom who made me realize the actual situation I was in after asking me 'Are you in over your head again?' Again. I had done it again. This time I had gotten myself  into $43,000 of debt . Largely credit card debt, but all debt I had created myself. I cried. And cried. And hyperventilated. And walked around my apartment stomping my feet. I felt sorry for myself. I told my mom I was a failure, an embarrassment. She couldn't believe I had done this to myself again. I couldn't either. What is WRONG with me? I feel like I can't breathe, and my anxiety is at an all time high. The worst part is that I did this 100% to myself.  No one else did this to me, no one is to blame, except for myself. I started getting ready to go to bed (at an e

Helpful Financial Blogs

Something I have learned quickly is that I need a replacement activity for online shopping.  When you are sitting at a computer all day for work, everyone takes a few mental breaks to browse the web for news, social media, or in my case ONLINE SHOPPING. My demon. The danger zone. Pro tip (ha ha I am not a pro I have $43,000 in debt): Remove ALL credit cards you have linked to online shopping account. It is not helpful to know that your amex is tied to your paypal account so you literally have to make 0 effort to purchase that top on (final) sale on J.crew. So I started googling. Things like 'best blogs for debt', 'best blogs for millenial financial advice', 'best inspirational blogs for getting out of debt', 'best realistic financial blogs.'  I don't need someone telling me to invest in bitcoin, I need someone who has walked/is walking my debt walk and can give me a daily boost that I WILL SEE THE OTHER SIDE. It will take 1.5 years, but I can do

My Debt Snowball

I started listening to Dave Ramsey a few months ago, back when I was flirting with the idea of getting out of debt (will do a full post on him in a future post). One of Dave's Baby Steps, is creating a Debt Snowball and eliminating all of your debt (duh). This is a method for listing your debts smallest to largest, and then attacking the first one. Once you attack the first one and pay it off, you use those payments for the second debt. And so on. Of course you continue to pay minimum payments towards all of the debts during this process. How to Debt Snowball from Dave Ramsey: https://www.everydollar.com/blog/how-the-debt-snowball-method-works In short, you’ll pay your debts from smallest to largest regardless of interest rate. That’s it. Easy enough, right? Start by grabbing a sheet of paper or opening Google docs and listing all of your nonmortgage debts from smallest to largest. Remember, we’re not worried about interest rates and we’re not worried about your home loa